Sunday, August 24, 2008

ESTONIA - Palmse Manor

In the Middle Ages, this manor, which was first mentioned in 1510, belonged to Tallinn Cistercian Nunnery. Later, it was associated with the von der Pahlen noble family for a long time. The two-storey main building was completed in 1697; its current look originates from rebuilding in the 18th century. There is a magnificent park on the grounds of the manor and numerous valuable outbuildings.